- Amazing weekend
- Wrapped up our "Confessions of a... Pastor" series. Most fruitful teaching series yet with 43 total salvations over the past 3 weeks. Only God.
- Confession #3: I Struggle with Guilt.
- Guilt is really fear of man. We become paralyzed slaves to other people's expectations and perceptions of us. But God declares us 'not guilty' through Christ!
- Fear of failure is anti-gospel;
"I am a failure rescued by God's grace" is gospel.
- The Bible exposes our performance failures:
we are weak, ungodly, sinners, and enemies of God...
yet Christ rescues us.
- The reason Jesus died the death He died is because we cannot live the life He lived!
- There is no condemnation for anyone who is in Christ Jesus! Underline that in your Bible!!
- The Spirit of God defends you and prays for you.
The Son of God has the Father's ear,
whispering, "That person (you) is with Us!"
- Nothing can separate us from God's love - not guilt or shame or any accusation!
- A long-time member honored me afterward with the greatest compliment: she asked me to preach that exact message at her funeral.
- I met a 15-yr-old girl after the 9:30am service who was one of many to stand from their seat and pray to receive Christ. She had run away from home this past week, was invited to Colwood, and God's Spirit whispered to her soul to come home in more ways than one. Simply awesome.
- Nearly 50 getting baptized next weekend.
Baptisms are my favorite Sundays!
Plus the tailgating is unparalleled.
- Yes, we tailgate for Baptismapalooza.
Well, we tailgate for sports events that really mean nothing in the end. Why shouldn't we be more excited about lives transformed by the Gospel and celebrate all the more in church parking lots?!